After a terrible terrible winter with complications for a no good pregnancy, I am finally stable and feeling strong and better. My contractions have been controlled by daily Progesterone, and it seems to be stable and no longer thinning. I am hoping to keep this baby inside until at least Week 36 and am preparing myself for a birth that is not ideal, not at my birthing center with my OB/Midwife team and not as I desire. In the meantime, I have an updated birthing plan for my perfect birth (based on how quick Ana came into this world, I have cut out the nonsense).
|28 and a half weeks and my bumpie is growing!!|
My Wishes for Childbirth - Zoe Elyse Lee
Due Date: 06/10/2015
OB: Dr Nathan and Midwife (Julie?)
Scheduled to deliver at Neugarten Birth Center
Dear staff of the Neugarten Family Birth Center:
I would like to adhere to this list as closely as possible. Thanks for your kindness, patience, and understanding.
* I would like to be free to walk around during labor.
* I wish to be able to move around and change position at will throughout labor.
* I would like to be able to have fluids by mouth throughout the first stage of labor.
* I will be bringing my own music to play during labor.
* I would like the environment to be kept as quiet as possible.
* I would like the lights in the room to be kept low during my labor.
* I would prefer to keep the number of vaginal exams to a minimum.
* I do not want an IV unless I become dehydrated.
* I would like to labor in the bathtub/water birth room if available.
* I do not wish to have continuous fetal monitoring unless it is required by the condition of Baby Boy Lee.
* I do not want an internal monitor unless Baby has shown some sign of distress.
* I do not wish to have the amniotic membrane ruptured artificially unless signs of fetal distress require internal monitoring.
* If labor is not progressing, I would like to have the amniotic membrane ruptured before other methods are used to augment labor.
* I would like to have a natural birth.
* :If I am in extreme pain, I will use the code word: Hamburger to indicate that i am serious about wanting drugs. (but I know, from my first experience, that I do not want any drug intervention)
* Unless absolutely necessary, I would like to avoid a Cesarean.
* If my primary care provider determines that a Cesarean delivery is indicated, I would like to obtain a second opinion from another physician if time allows.
* If a Cesarean delivery is indicated, I would like to be fully informed and to participate in the decision-making process.
* If Ceasrean is necessary for my baby and he is not in distress, Baby Boy should be given to My husband Duncan immediately after birth.
* I would prefer to have an episiotomy so I do not tear and require hours of stitching as I did my first birth!!!!
* I would appreciate guidance in when to push and when to stop pushing so the perineum can stretch.
* I would like to be allowed to choose the position in which I give birth, including squatting.
* I would appreciate having the room lights turned low for the actual delivery.
* I would appreciate having the room as quiet as possible when Baby boy is born.
* I would like to have Baby Boy placed on my stomach/chest immediately after delivery.
Immediately After Delivery
* I would like to have My husband, Duncan cut the cord.
* I would prefer that the umbilical cord stop pulsating before it is cut. This may take up to 3-5 minutes. Please do not cut it before then.
* I would like to hold Baby Boy while I deliver the placenta and any tissue repairs are made.
* I plan to keep Baby Boy near me following birth and would appreciate if the evaluation of him can be done with him on my abdomen, with both of us covered by a warm blanket, unless there is an unusual situation.
* I would prefer to hold Baby Boy rather than have (him/her) placed under heat lamps.
* I do not want a routine injection of Pitocin after the delivery to aid in expelling the placenta.
* Unless required for health reasons, I do not wish to be separated from my baby.
* I would like to have Baby Boy Lee"room in" and be with me at all times. Until I beg you to take him while I sleep.
* I plan to breastfeed Baby Boy and would like to begin nursing very shortly after birth.
* Unless medically necessary, I do not wish to have any bottles given to baby (including glucose water or plain water).
I would like Duncan to videotape the birth. (if he remains calm and remembers, lol)
* I would prefer that no students, interns, residents or non-essential personnel be present during my labor or the birth.
And lastly, we would prefer baby boy Lee be circumsized in a timely manner.
Thanks so much,
Zoe Lee 3/30/2015
Let's all hope for an easy and painless birth, like my first! I cannot wait, I am so excited to meet my son :0
Stay well, Zoe