**Disclosure: I am part of the Smiley360 Blogger Program and received yogurt coupons, and the baking kit to help with this post. I was not compensated for this post and the opinions within are my own.. You can join Smiley360 here!"
Chef Ana and I were challenged to make a beautiful cheesecake using Alpina Greek Yogurt and other delicious ingredients. So Ana donned her new beautiful personalized apron from Joy of Giving Etsy Shop found here and we got ready to experiment (recipe below).
First we headed out to Hannaford where we found a couple different flavors of the Alpina including blueberry and vanilla. Since the recipe called for 4 yogurts we chose 2 blueberry and 2 vanilla to mix it up a bit. Yum. We got out all of the ingredients, the food processer , the blender, and a pie dish. Then we got to baking.
|Ana gets ready to make a yogurt cheesecake!|
|Ready for baking. Mama!|
|Adding almonds for the crust|
Alpina Greek Yogurt with Artisan Granola Cheesecake
Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 4 Alpina Greek Yogurts (pick one of the following flavors: Mango, Peach, Blueberry,
- Strawberry or Plain. Equal to 2 cups)
- ½ cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 4 Artisan Granola domes (taken off yogurt package)
- 1/3 cup of nuts (Which nuts to use? Use the guide below: Superfoods=Walnuts |
- Almond Berry=Almonds | Tropical Chai=Cashews) We used Almonds! Yum.
- ½ tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 °F
- In a food processor, chopper or magic bullet, combine the granolas, nuts and sugar.
- Finely chop. Add butter, if desired, and mix evenly throughout the chopped mixture.
- Place into the 10” pie pan and create an even layer on the bottom of the pan. Set aside.
|Making the Filling|
- In a blender, combine the yogurt, eggs, salt and sugar (add vanilla if you are using Plain). Blend until smooth. Add cornstarch to mixture and blend again. Pour filling into crust in pie pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool then chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Once cheesecake is cooled, garnish with fruit if desired.
Yogurt and Granola Pairings: Strawberry and Blueberry Greek Yogurt = Almond Berry | Plain Greek Yogurt = Superfoods | Mango and Peach Greek Yogurt = Tropical Chai
Hubby said it was the best cheesecake I have made so far. Ana thought it was "yummy" and I had several pieces too! It was light, the crust was flavorful and fruity and the filling was delightful. It did not taste like eating a yogurt, but rather like a sumptious dessert. I will be experimenting with other flavors in the future and making yogurt cheesecake for family and friend events. Yum. What a great surprise.
Important Links and Info:
- Get a Buy One Get One Free Coupon Here: http://on.fb.me/11RyM0k
- Like Alpina USA on Facebook http://on.fb.me/18gV9gP
- Follow @AlpinaUSA on Twitter
- For more product info and recipes, visit their website http://bit.ly/13LVOXK