Hello Dear Readers:
I love this time of the year. School activities are winding down, dance class is ready for recital and Ana and I love to get crafty and explore our creative side. Kindergarten has been amazing and thanks to great teachers( and a pretty smart kiddo) Ana is reading and writing with aplomb. She is currently reading level 2 books and seems to be somewhere between first and second grade boooks. Sooooooo......We were so excited to receive a big box of books from Studio Fun to read and craft with. The titles we received include:
- Star Wars Mania
- ASPCA kids :
- Pet Rescue Club: No Time for Hallie
- Rescue Readers: I am Nibbles, I am McKinley, I am Daisy, I am Picasso
- Batman Justice for All
- and a Great Board Book for Max: Mix and Match Pets A colors and counting book.
Ana dug into the pile and the first book she really got excited about was perfect for the rainy days we have been having: Star Wars Mania. Inside there are hours of crafting, facts from the movies and fun things to explore. She really dug it. She also was really attracted to the bright and cheery covers of the Rescue readers, she loves animals and the covers have the cutest photos. The illustrations inside are adorable, bright and cute and the writing is easy to read, and just the right level for my great reader.
I love books. All books. And, I love to instill in my children the magic and wonder of reading. So I am super stoked that she gets so excited for new and fun books. Want to learn more for your little reader? Here is the 411:
- Studio Fun International, in partnership with the ASPCA, has published a children’s book series, ASPCA kids: Rescue Readers.
- Each story is inspired by a real-life animal rescue story from the pet’s point of view and includes facts and photographs of the actual pet that inspired the story.
- Each book creates a fun and educational hands-on experience written at a Level 2 reading level for early readers.
- The importance of care, protection, and love of animals is incorporated into each tale with a focus on the joyous outcome.
- Four to five percent of the purchase price of every book goes directly to the ASPCA to help continue its mission.
- Stories are available in paperback, library binding hardcovers, and e-books. The paperback books are priced at $3.99 (each) or $15.96 (for all four) everywhere books are sold.
This makes them affordable and fun. And you are giving back as well as teaching your chil(ren) to care about animals.
Learn More Online:
Connect with Studio Fun online to see the newest releases and get exclusive access to discounts and special offers!
Studio Fun International, a Reader’s Digest company, has teamed up with the ASPCA® (The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals®), the first animal welfare organization in North America and the nation’s leading voice for animals. More than two million supporters strong, the ASPCA’s mission is to provide effective means for the prevention of cruelty to animals throughout the United States. As a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit corporation, the ASPCA is a national leader in the areas of anti-cruelty, community outreach and animal health services.